Monday, November 7, 2011

I miss friends!

Here, in Florida, I don't really have a lot of friends. Certainly none I'd call a close friend. Pretty much, since Nathan joined the Navy and we started moving, I have felt like my friends live in the internet. I love being able to talk to my close friends still, but it's not the same as being with them.

I had the opportunity last week to meet up with two of my closest friends from school. My friend Jenni lives about 8 hours away from me in Georgia. My other friend Kristy currently lives back in Oklahoma, but her husband is a marine, so it's only a matter of time before she is moving again! We all decided to meet in Georgia. It was so much fun. We sat around and talked and basically did nothing in particular, but it was just nice to be in their presence! 

It also made me realize how much I miss all of my friends. I'm really shy, and I doubt that with living the military life, I'll ever have close friends anywhere I move. I always have my old friends though. 
















3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are gorgeous! Where in Georgia did y'all meet? That looks like a place I need to go.

    I'm so glad you got to meet up with them, too. Old friends are the best friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! My one friend lives in a town called Danielsville. I think this is either in the town or just outside of it! She took us to a lovely state park to take pictures of all the leaves (and whatever else we could find!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh snap. Those pictures are stunning. And while I do live in teh internets, I also live in your heart.

    TOGETHER IN PARIS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments <3