For the past few days, I've been staying at my in-laws. They live out in the country.
Some things I've learned:
- Internet is slooooooooow
- You have to "go to town" to go to the store... or basically anywhere that doesn't sit on 50 acres.
-If you don't put the hay far into the goat pen, the donkey and horse next door will stick their heads over the fence and steal some.
- If you think, "Hmm, I wonder if that random black object on the ground is a bug..", it probably is.
- The clear sky is beautiful, and I miss seeing the stars like that.
My husbands old room doesn't have a tv, so after he goes to sleep, I pop into my brother-in-law's old room to watch my nightly Golden Girls/Cheers/Frasier courtesy of the Hallmark channel. (They bleep the word "ass" by the way. I find it hilarious.) On his bed is a quilt a family friend made when he graduated high school. It's a t-shirt quilt. If you haven't seen these before.. basically it's a great way to put all your old t-shirts to use you never wear, but don't want to get rid of for whatever reason. I have seen these done since I graduated from high school, but this one is exceptionally cute. I don't know if it's the way it's arranged, or what exactly.. bright colors? But I like it the best of any I've seen before. I so wish I could do this myself. However, I cannot sew in a straight line. I don't know how to do any stitches... nothing! I am completely in the dark. One of my goals this year was to learn how to sew, but when Mom never sends me that sewing machine, that makes it a little hard. Of course, if she had sent it, I'm sure I'd have another excuse for why I haven't learned yet. I am still determined to learn some day! Can you sew without being a perfectionist? Because I am far from one!
Hmm, I took a picture of it, but it looks kinda boring in the picture...
And there's a cute pattern in the black.. but you can't see it!
Adorable! I had heard of these but had never seen one. I love it. Also love your little list of "country things." Laughing out loud at that goat picture. For some reasons, I find goats hilarious.
ReplyDelete