
Ashley Sisk over at Ramblings and Photos has prepared a lovely list of photos to recall the last year. A lot has happened again this year. Most of it I would rather forget. However, taking pictures gives me a way to escape the craziness going on in life.. even if it's just from the iPhone! Capturing a moment is important to me... even if the quality isn't wonderful :) Although, I'd rather it be good quality! I hope you enjoy the post, and if you're up to it, give it a try yourself!
1. Me!
This is a picture from my trip to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter with my Mama in May! It was a blast, and the frozen butterbeer is AMAZING. I'm craving one now!
2. I Love You
Nathan lovin' on Bootsie. I love them both very much!
3. Still Laughing
I have so many pictures that I could put here, but this one wins. She is such a goofy dog.
4. Winter Wonderland
I live in Florida, so no winter wonderland here. This was taken at the Chesapeake area in Oklahoma City. I need to post more pics from this night. The lights are just so amazing and beautiful!
5. Birthday
My birthday was spent in Oklahoma. I surprised Mom at her end-of-chemo party which was just a few days before my birthday. We went to the zoo, and she made me a delicious strawberry cake! Oh, and bought me a birthday hat at Cracker Barrel :)
6. Friends
This was taken on my trip to Georgia. I got to see two of my very best friends. I hate that we don't live close to each other. Thank goodness for the internet!
7. I was inspired...
Mom inspires me. Still smiling after a bilateral mastectomy, chemo, and my Dad being the year's biggest jerk. And puppy inspires me to use a squeaky baby voice.
8. Spring Fever
This one was really hard for me to choose! I love to take pictures of flowers. I have soooooo many of them! This one always makes me happy, tho! My dear friend, Kristy, had it blown up and framed for me! It was taken at Disney World with my iPhone. DW has wonderful flowers!
9. Travel or Vacation
My traveling this year consisted of Disney World, and Oklahoma. I happened to be in OK for the family's spring break, so I went along with them to Mount Scott. It was a nice clear day. The skies of Oklahoma are beautiful, and in the horizon is a rare bump out of the usual pancake flatness!
10. Summer Days
I just find this field of wildflowers so lovely. I could stare at it all day. This was taken by our cabin at Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma.
11. A Day in My Life
My day is usually filled with either my kitties or my husband doing something goofy or getting into trouble! Bootsie is my main trouble maker.
12. All Smiles
13. Autumn Harvest
I couldn't decide between my few fall pictures. (I had to travel to Georgia and Oklahoma to get any pics of changing leaves!) This one is from a state park in Georgia.
This was taken in Oklahoma in my Mom's window. She has such a pretty tree in the front yard!
14. Family or Home
One of the things I will miss the most when my Mom moves is the view. She is in the perfect position to see the sun set. Oklahoma has the most beautiful sunsets. I miss them! I miss this being my back yard view, too.
15. Celebrate
Sad? Don't judge lol. I sat my butt up and watched from the first bit of coverage to the last. And I loved it!
16. Let's Do it Again
I chose this picture because as soon as I saw it, I wanted Travis to spin me in the teacups again! The most ridiculously fast ride ever! Loved it!
17. I Miss You
I miss my sweet pup.
18. Beautiful
19. Dress Up
I guess I didn't take any pictures of me all dressed up. I had some semi dressed up.. but this was more fun. It was soooo cold! So glad I got to go to a game this year tho. Also, I can no longer find that scarf. I need to go hunt for it....
20. Macro
I love mushrooms! They're so fun to photograph!
21. Holidays
Love this picture of Miss Lucy!
22. My Favorite
How can you possibly chose a favorite picture from the whole year?? Well, this is one of my favorites from the last month. I bought me a fancy new camera, and have been enjoying some lovely bokeh shots! So, plain white Christmas trees (with some red and green in the background) and a line of cars on the street are what I have chosen.
23. Don't Ever Change
My husband is so goofy! I love it.
24. Just Because... So There!
25. Hopes and Dreams
What says hopes and dreams better than the "Wishes" fireworks show at Disney World?


























Enjoyed your post! I am all about capturing the moment no matter what to. :) I know how you feel about the friends to. Most of my close friends are in Ga. and I am in NC. I must take more photo's of them when I visit.
ReplyDeleteI love this post! Makes me want to go through all my pictures and put them in the catagories as well! Totally understand about kind of wishing you could forget a lot of this year...however, this little project focuses on the happy times...and that I love!
ReplyDeleteLove all the photos in this post - looks like you had a great year. I hope that 2012 is even better for you!
ReplyDeleteI Love your photos. I used to have a German Shorthaired pointer too... he has been gone for almost 20 years and I still think about his silly face and the happiness he brought me! He looked just like your dog too! I also love the picture of the post chemo cake - my mom had breast cancer/mastectomy/chemo - the whole thing, and we too had a party for her when it was all over with! God bless! :) Havea great day!
ReplyDeleteLauren, you're such an amazing photographer. I LOVE when you share your photos. And these are some of the absolute best. I can't pick out a favorite, but here are a few that I loved:
ReplyDelete3, 7, 8, 11, 18, and 24 :) Great post!