Day 11 is the book that made me fall in love with reading.
I read quite a bit as a kid. Mostly The Boxcar Children and Nancy Drew. When I got older, I started reading some medical thrillers my Dad had, and some Michael Crichton.
While I enjoyed reading, I didn't have that love, that drive...that obsession.
It will probably come as no surprise that the book to receive this title is a Harry Potter book. Specifically, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Not that I didn't love Sorcerer's Stone. I did...er.. do. The reason COS gets the award? Well, because that was the first one I read. Accidentally. My brother had received it as a gift, and I was totally unaware there was an order. I digress...
This was the very first book to hold my undivided attention. The first to make the world around me disappear. The first to have characters I truly love.. and, perhaps more importantly, characters I hate.
Would it be inappropriate to say that Harry Potter popped my reading cherry? Probably. But it's true.
Good choice!
ReplyDeleteHa! Love that description. I'm horrible...I've only read The Sorcerer's Stone, but my hubby thinks The Deathly Hallows is the best...I just asked. He thinks they only got better...in general. So, since I really have no business having an opinion on this, there's his ;)
ReplyDelete