Friday, June 24, 2011

Maya the Great Hunter

One thing I always enjoy when I come visit my parents is my dog. 


This is Maya. She's an 11 year old German Shorthair who thinks she's no more than 3.
She's a bit wild, and a brilliant escape artist. She likes to run into the pond, and chase the frogs. Someday, she will finally catch a squirrel.



Until then, she'll stick to what she was trained to do.... retrieve dead birds.


Oh she was soooooooo proud of that bird. Which I'm 95% sure must have already been dead for her to catch it. I know she was desperately seeking a "good girl" from me, but all she got was "EWW that is so gross DO NOT LICK ME YOU DISGUSTING DOG!!!" 

1 comment:

  1. HA! I love it. I love Maya, too, despite that nasty dead bird habit. She's seriously beautiful. I had to share your pictures and video with my husband the dog-lover in our family. He was in love, too. I can't believe how active she is for an 11 year-old!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments <3