Wednesday, May 18, 2011

30 Days of Books- Day 6 and some sun

Would you believe a commercial for one of those trojan vibrators came on today? And guess who was sitting on the couch. Me, my husband, and my mom. ::AWKWARD::

Before this cricket chirping moment, we took a trip to the beach! We tried to go Saturday.. well, we DID go Saturday, only to get our seats set up, and have the beach patrol drive by announcing impending doom a thunderstorm was on its way. A biggin, that we couldn't wait out. We didn't need that gas money anyway, right? ........ Today was much better. It didn't even reach 90 degrees, and the humidity wasn't bad at all! Before I moved to Florida, I really didn't understand humidity. I thought Oklahoma was humid. WRONG. 95 here feels worse than 105 back home. I digress....

Nathan isn't a huge fan of the beach. He humors me. He goes... and well... It's easier to just show you what he does.

Yeah, I married that. Back off, ladies.


My family, however, are beach and sun worshipers. I could hang out at the beach every day. Bonus if I can shore dive. What more do you need?!? Mom and I started doing some shell hunting. I told her that a while back, I found a sand dollar. We see a lot of pieces, but whole ones don't wash up too often. So, we decided we were going to find one! We basically waded in the water, about calf deep, in the surf, scouring for a whole sand dollar. About an hour and a half later.....



Tadaaaaaaa! Mom found two and the center piece, and I found one!
We were really excited :) 
Pretty little sea urchin skeletons.


We also had to battle a few jellyfish. I am not sure what kind, or if they would have stung badly, but they were pretty big! And I didn't have any vinegar, so I figured I shouldn't chance it. Unfortunately, my one track mind was on sand dollars. Not sunscreen. I had my shoulders covered because I got a little pink the other day, but my legs were out in all their pasty glory. They have transformed from pasty to... "radiant". I'm afraid I'm going to be in pain for a few days. Hey, at least I have some cool shells and sand dollars! They'll last long after the sunburn is gone :) 

Now, on to books. Day 6 is a book that makes me cry. While some books have made me cry the first time I read them, one that makes me cry every time is Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows. Yeah, another Harry Potter book. They apply to so many things tho :) 

2 comments:

  1. Gahdamnit child! You need to wear sunscreen everywhere everytime!

    Chrissakes girl, hain't you larned ennything yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved when I went to Georgia (a long time ago) I found live sand dollars, there were even little tiny crabs on the bottoms. Anyhow, I'm jealous....I want to go to the beach everyday :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments <3