Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
I had no interest in this book whatsoever. My cousin had been bugging me to read it. One of my friends got bacterial meningitis, and my aunt read the first 2 or 3 to him in the hospital, and he loved them. So, I decided to give them a shot. The forth book had just come out when I started reading them. I had them all read in about a week. I attended the midnight releases of 5, 6, and 7, and read them all day the next day. I took off work lol. So yeah, obviously I was surprised how much I liked it... how interesting the story was.. how deep the story was. I just love them. They're my favorite books, and I can't imagine anything ever topping them!
Books that get honorable mention:
The Hunger Games- I am always afraid of books that get a lot of hype. BUT I found it for my Kindle for cheap so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I knew absolutely nothing about the story, just that it was popular. I was surprised how much I liked it.
Playing for Pizza by John Grisham- I wasn't sure I'd like a book about sports, but I usually like Grisham's books. My husband had read it, and really liked it. It was surprisingly good... and made me want to go to Italy!
'
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for reading! I love comments <3