Pictures of children.. poor, unfortunate children that you hope one day they'll be able to say, "You wouldn't believe it by how gorgeous I am now, but I was once an ugly baby!" Or babies with too much hair...(that could just be me..). Or those creepy newborn pictures. Not that all newborn pictures are creepy, but come on. You know what I'm talking about. They're all splayed over an arm just hanging.
Pregnancy pictures! This must be some new trend. They can be done beautifully. Or they can be done creepily. Public offender number one? A bare belly assaulting me as a profile picture on facebook. Possibly worse is an ultrasound photoshopped on the belly. What do you say to that? "Yep! It's in there!"
Weddings that look like they picked up their decorations in the Wal-Mart wedding aisle.
"Professional" photos.
I find myself trying to learn to lie better. I'm a terrible liar. My eyes give it all away. I'd be a terrible undercover cop. So, how do you deal with a bad photo you're supposed to like? Do you lie? Or do you change the subject? Or do you pull a Seinfeld and say something is "breathtaking"?
I couldn't find the actual breathtaking part on YouTube... but it's from the episode "The Hamptons"
Here's a little taste!
I know exactly what you're talking about when it comes to those pictures! But, usually I just untag myself on facebook :p
ReplyDeleteAhaha! So true! People kept asking me if I was going to take pregnancy pictures and I was like "um... Hell No." I didn't need to be reminded of my 18 extra chins that sprouted up during pregnancy. I named them Bertha.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I loved that episode of Seinfeld. Kramer's reaction was the best. P.P.S. My babies were both gorgeous, except for that week that my oldest's eyes were crossed. ??? They are fine now....
LOL!! I love your take on pregnancy photos. I loooove taking baby bump photos, but I would NEVER ask for any of my ladies to lift their shirts and show their tummy, unless that is something THEY wanted. I like to take photos of the beauty of a pregnant woman. I have seen some creeepy photos tho..they just make me wince O.o
ReplyDelete