Friday, May 20, 2011

How old am I?? Help!!

I'm reasonably certain that I'm not 15 anymore.  So WHY has my face erupted in some hideous teenage nightmareish fashion? Now, I've never had great skin, but it was definitely a lot better than this. The only time I ever had perfect skin was, as luck would have it, on my wedding day. Over Christmas, I had some kind of awful rash (I think from a hair product my stylist used) break out all in my hair and on my face. Ever since then? Hi, I'm oil, and I feel like making your life face miserable for many, many years.

I am up for any advice. I have used proactiv for the last few years. Maybe 3 or 4. I don't feel that it is working anymore, obviously, but it did for a while. Long enough for my wedding anyway.

Natural remedies, different products, anything. I am in need of assistance!!

Afterthought: I am obsessively reading Catching Fire, which is the 2nd book in the Hunger Games series.. or is it trilogy? Anyway... barely put it down long enough to type this. I just happened to catch a glance in the mirror, and felt it was time to beg.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I have unstable skin forever, so let me share what has worked:
    1. Mary Kay- the miracle set- wash morning and night. MOISTURIZE.
    2. Bi-weekly microderm abrasion (also by Mary Kay but you can just use cornmeal if you want to save money) FOLLOW WITH MOISTURIZER.
    3. Homemade mask of 1/2 an avocado, 1 T honey and 1 egg (yolk only for dry skin, white only for oily skin)- blend in food processor until smooth and smear on face- leave on for 15-20 minutes when face erupts into a colony of zits.
    4. Cut back on sugar (don't hate me, it does work....says the girl who has been eating loads of sugar and has a bumpy forehead.)

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments <3