Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I hate commercials

Do commercials ever make you really uncomfortable?

There are just too many products for poop "digestive issues", erectile dysfunction, dry, itchy vajayjays, periods, "personal pleasure".... It's hard to watch television with some people, because you never know what dumb commercial is going to come on. Have you ever tried sitting next to your grandmother when a vibrator commercial comes on?? Or, perhaps, even worse... your mother-in-law???

I'm socially inept as it is, I don't need assistance, thank-you-very-much.

What do you do when one of these pops up on the tv? Awkwardly chuckle? Pretend you misunderstood? "Oh, a personal massager. I bet her back is really knot free..." Feign a sneezing fit?

I miss useless products being offered. I can clap and turn my lights on? Freaking lame sweet! But nooooo. Now, we are forced to listen to drug commercial after drug commercial (which seem to spend most of their 45 seconds telling me about their side effects rather than what the drug is actually supposed to "fix"), sex toys, all the different ways you can "enjoy" your period.

It makes me wish I could DVR everything!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren! Okay, first of all I TOTALLY agree with you on the commercial thing. I used to be an In-home senior caretaker. there was nothing more awkward then enjoying a cup of coffee with a client & having something like that come on the tv. (especially when most of them were from an era where you didn't TALK about that kind of stuff let alone BROADCAST it. lol) Secondly, I've been trying to find a way to email you, Mollie from OK in the UK has nominated you to be June's Monthly Featured Blogger over on http://legosinmypocket.blogspot.com/ (My blog!) If you are interested in participating, please feel free to email me: Legosinmypocket(at)hotmail(dot)com so that I can send you the MFB questionnaire! If you arn't interested thats okay too, just shoot me an email if you can to let me know so I can find a replacement :) Thanx & I hope I hear from you soon! ~Jaimie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sort of the same thing happens to me...I could be watching a movie and the ONLY sex scene in the movie just happens to come on when my mom walks in the room. I don't care how old you are...it is still embarrassing lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love comments <3