It's tornado tiiiiiiiiiiiime in OOOKlahoma! (Ok, only my fellow Sooners will understand that one..)
Spring in Oklahoma. Ah, the
light spring rains sideways blowing hail,
light breezes rain wrapped tornadoes, blooming flowers (from the next town over, deposited in your front yard)... welcome to tornado season!
I've spent the last three hours glued to teh internets. Why? Because Oklahoma streams their severe weather, that's why! It's so weird watching, and not being there. As a friend put it, "
Living in Oklahoma my whole life, I was never afraid of tornadoes....Now that my family is right in the middle of one and I am a 1000 miles away...they're suddenly scary!" My family lost their satellite, so I was having to update them. Sent them to the closet once, but it was short lived. Something tells me they "went to the closet", which, in Oklahoma language, means stand outside with your camera. Gary England, a famous meteorologist in Oklahoma, said at one point today, "I suspect some of you are out there taking pictures right now. Y'all don't stay out there too long."
Is it crazy to miss the severe weather? What do you people, who don't have thunderstorms and crazy weather like this do?? We don't get much out here, and it's so boring. I love a good storm.
Here are some pictures from my friends:
Nathan's aunt & uncle's house. They're all ok.
My computer screen
My parents' back yard. Nasty pool...
my friends that were at OU with me were the SAME WAY on Tuesday...scared to death for me, and I wasn't even in Norman and saw no tornadoes here!
ReplyDeleteABOUT YOUR HUSBAND'S FRIEND'S SHIRT! I LOVE IT!!! I really wish I could remember when I started liking him, but I'm obsessed. it's an issue.